Shartly after publishing the Threes Triangular Shawl pattern, I had an idea for a bias-knit scarf. I love the look of scarves knit on the bias, but they all seem to be either garter stitch or stockinette stitch, and I wanted something different. I found a stitch pattern I like, figured out how to start it and how to do the increase rows, and then things went haywire. For weeks, every time I tried a new way to knit the straight rows, I ended up with two corners instead of one, which meant the scarf wasn't a bias-knit scarf anymore. AAARRRRGGGHHHHH!
Finally, last week, I figured out what I was doing wrong. My personal test knit of the pattern is about 1/2 done. Once that's finished and I've got photos of the result, I'll be creating the PDF and having it test knit by others. If everything goes well with the test knitters, I'll be publishing it here. It's going to be a bit yet, but keep an eye out!
I'm feeling very accomplished right now. Not only did I figure out the problem with the pattern, but this scarf is one that can be knitted for either men or women -- the pattern doesn't scream to made for just one sex. I think I'm proudest of that!